Friday, July 29, 2011

Wonderfully Odd New Kids Books





The Worry Woo books by Andi Green are so great. I am drawn to the uniqueness of the collection. They are whimsical and strange, and have sweet messages. They kind of remind me of the Serendipity books by Stephen Cosgrove that I grew up reading, but with a more current vibe. You can get plush dolls to go with the books, which I was a sucker for. We started with Rue, the monster of insecurity, but now have four books in our collection. I like "The Nose That Didn't Fit" because it teaches little Rue that it isn't his nose that's the problem; it's just how he sees it. Nola learns that friends are all around her, and that they can come in all shapes and sizes, Squeek learns to take calculated risks so he can enjoy life, and Fuddle learns how to make decisions and stop worrying about what the "best" thing is. Cute.

No comments:

Post a Comment