Wednesday, April 17, 2013

A Caterpillar's Journey Through Life, and Our Backyard

At school, little I is learning about caterpillars and their amazing transformation. Today she came home and started playing in our backyard. After a few minutes, she came rushing over to me.

"Mom! Mommy! Looooooook!!!" She held this box out for me to see:



"Baby caterpillars! And I made them a nice, cozy place to live while they get ready to turn into butterflies!" Those Giant Impatiens plants are amazing for their popping seed pods. Not too much later I was shown the chrysalis, courtesy of the Trumpet Flower Tree:



Before we knew it, a beautiful butterfly had emerged:



It landed right on her hand, before flying off for a drink from our Pride of Madeira plant:



So incredible to see how what she is learning in school truly lives in her is such a creative, wonder-filled way!

No comments:

Post a Comment