Thursday, February 21, 2013

...And We Shall Never Be Bored

There are list people and there are normal people. I am a list person. I can't get anything at all done unless I first write it down on a piece of paper. Of the many things I'm responsible for, momming is by far the most important, and so it is also the subject of most of my lists. I thought I'd share this last one. It's unlike my other lists, in that I don't have the day of the week specified. The lists I made which categorized activities by the day of the week didn't work for me, since much of my life is spontaneous (Will I get called in to work at the coffee shop? Or to substitute in the kindergarten class? Will the girls be invited to Brody's? Will the ocean be irresistible tomorrow?...) and then my lists would seem stressful and unfulfilled. This is my master list, and I just refer to it throughout the day. If we are in need of a good in-breath, maybe I'll check the art projects; if it's out-breath time, I might whisk the girls away to the tide pools, or choose an activity from outdoor play. To me, it's a list of inspirations, not a to-do list. It is a list of reminders of all of the things I want to remember to do, when they work with our schedule. Hopefully there's some fresh ideas for your family, too, and I'd love to hear your suggestions as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment